As a result of the strong interest in the upcoming edition of the WEMW Co-Production Forum, taking place on January 24-28, 2021, the deadline for submission has been extended to November 6, 2020 to allow as many producers as possible to finalize their materials and apply with their project.
Producers from Europe*, Israel, North & South America are eligible to apply with long feature fiction films or documentaries. WEMW will select 20 projects in development with international co-production potential and preferably 10% of the total budget in place (more info on the eligible criteria on www.wemw.it).
All applications must include: complete online application form, treatment in English (max 5-8 pages), financing plan, teaser/visuals/mood board of the submitted project and previous work of the director.
In order to submit your application and the required materials you need to create your own account and fill in the online form following this link https://vp.eventival.com/trieste/2021
There is no submission fee and the deadline is November 6, 2020.
Selected projects will be announced late December and selected producers/directors will have the chance to pitch their project to all attending decision makers and professionals. Along with the pre-arranged one-to-one meetings, for the first time we will accompany the selected projects before, during and after the event, organizing curated one-to-one meetings with a number of business angels handpicked for each project in cooperation with EAVE. Selected teams will have the unique opportunity to receive advice on co-production, finance, marketing or distribution, according to the primary needs of their project.
Selected projects will compete for the following awards:
- Film Center Serbia Development Award – cash prize
- EAVE scholarship – for the EAVE Producers Workshop
- Flow Postproduction Award – prize in post-production facilities
- EWA Network Best Woman Director Award – cash prize for the best female director
- Producers Network Prize – free accreditation to the Cannes Marche du Film Producer’s Network
- Pop Up Film Residency Award – a 3-week residency with the guidance of international mentors
On occasion of this special edition, WEMW 2021 is also pleased to announce an upcoming collaboration: thanks to the brand new WEMW-FIPADOC Time Machine 3 WEMW documentary projects will get the opportunity of a short online presentation at FIPADOC Co-Production Forum in Biarritz one week earlier.
We are looking forward to receiving your wonderful projects!
More information is available at www.wemw.it
Follow us on Facebook!
WEMW is organized once again by the FVG Audiovisual Fund in collaboration with the Trieste Film Festival, EAVE, Creative Europe Desk Italy and thanks to the precious and constant support of Creative Europe/MEDIA Programme, MIBACT -Direzione Generale per il Cinema, CEI – Central European Initiative, Film Center Serbia and the Autonomous Region of Friuli Venezia Giulia. The 2021 Focus on Israel and Italy is run in partnership with the Israel Cinema Project, Rabinovich Foundation and MIBACT – Direzione Generale per il Cinema.
* Albania, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom